By default, a password protected page will prompt the user with a dialog similar to the one on the right.
- Inconsistent appearance that looks different on every web browser
- No option to recover a password.
- Insert into a web page you control. Provide additional information about membership etc. on the Login page.
- User is redirected to the Login page when they attempt to access a password protected page.
- If you name this page "Logout", the user can return to this page to log out of their session.
- If you also provide a password recovery page, there will be an option so the user can recover a lost password.
- An optional destination page can be provided so the user is redirected to the destination if they come directly to the Login page.
- See "Login Application" for more information.
|Password Recovery Application|
- Insert into a web page you control. Provide additional information like a phone number or procedure to manually recover a lost password.
- Send a message you create to the user to help them recover their password.
- See "Password Recovery" Application for more information.