- Click on the File tab in the upper left hand corner of Outlook.
- Click on the "Add Account" button.
- Select the "Manual setup or additional server types" radio button.
- Click "Next."
- Enter "Your Name."
- Enter "Email Address"
- Select IMAP for the "Account Type"
- Set the "Incoming Mail Server" to imap.ieditweb.com.
- Set the "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)" to smtp.ieditweb.com.
- Enter your email address as the "User Name."
- Enter your "Password".
- Check the "Remember Password," checkbox.
- Click on "More Settings."
- Click on the "Outgoing Server" tab.
- Check the "My outgoing server (SMTP) required authentication.
- Select the "Use same settings as my incoming server," radio button.
- Click on the "Advanced" Tab.
- Enter 993 for the "Incoming server (IMAP)" field.
- Select SSL for the "Use the following type of encrypted connection," drop down.
- Enter 465 for the "Outgoing server (SMTP)" field.
- Select SSL for the "Use the following type of encrypted connection."
- Leave the other default values as show to the left.
- Click OK.
- If everything goes well, you should end up with a dialog box that looks like this.
- Press "Close."
|That's it, your email account is now configured to use IMAP and SSL. |
| ||Remember to check your mail frequently and move any messages you want to keep from your Inbox to another folder. Email older than 60 days will be automatically removed from your Inbox.|| |