|Running a Site Validation|
- Click on Site in the main menu bar.
- Click on Validation.
- The Validation dialog box will appear. Note: depending on the complexity of the web site this dialog box may take a few minutes to open.
- Click Close to close the Site Validation dialog box.
- Indicates a check that is OK (no problem). Note:
Most tests do not return anything unless there is a problem. A few
applications with critical requirements will return a positive OK
- Information only. Things in the category are not normally a problem.
- Warning. While this will not cause a failure for the site to operate
properly, it may reflect a problem that will cause less that desirable
results form search engines. These problems my also cause your site to
fail basic HTML (World Wide Web Consortium) tests.
- Error. These must be fixed. They represent a problem that can cause your site or one of it's applications to fail.
- Use the
toolbar at the top of the Site Validation dialog to enable or disable
various error levels. By Default OK and Information Only are disabled
since these will not affect normal web site operation.